Australian Made Export Projects
The Australian Made, Australian Grown logo has been used in export markets ever since its inception in 1986. A snapshot of the licensee database in 2011 showed that 44% of the (then) 1700 licensees exported and used the logo.
Its use as an export tool was enhanced when the federal Government, in 2004, provided funding for AMCL to undertake a range of strategic promotional activities in selected export markets “to enhance the logo as an export tool”.
Over the ensuing 6 years AMCL participated in a wide range of promotional activities in key markets in North America, Asia and the Middle East, generally in partnership with partners such as Austrade, the Master Builders Association, Wine Australia and, more recently, Horticulture Australia.
In all these activities the AMAG logo was used as branding for trade and/or retail events promoting genuine Aussie products and produce. This was the first time the AMAG logo had been strategically promoted offshore as Australia’s global product symbol – even though it had been used on product in export markets for years and years.
Extensive research undertaken as part of these activities clearly established the logo’s effectiveness as a marketing tool.
Although the financial support from Government finished in 2011, AMCL continues to provide branding support for selected offshore promotions. Recent examples include:
- NTUC FairPrice retail promotion, Singapore 2012
- Yeosu World Expo, Korea, 2012
- Asia Fruit Logistica Trade Fair, HK, 2012
In addition AMCL is working with Campaign Partner SINI Australia to develop a range of ‘Australian Made’ concept stores in South Korea and with Campaign Partner the AUNEW Group to establish a retail chain in China selling genuine Australian made products.
View some of the promotional activities undertaken as part of the AMCL’s overseas promotional activities:
- Arab Health (trade fair), Dubai, 2010
- Gulfood trade fair, Dubai, 2010
- Food Emporium (retail promotion), NY, 2010
- ParknShop (retail promotion), HK, 2010
- Cosmoprof (trade fair), HK, 2009, 2010
- Big 5 (trade fair), Dubai, 2009
- Hoffex (trade fair), HK, 2009
- National Restaurant Association (trade fair), Chicago, 2009
- Bristol Farms (retail promotions), southern California, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- MBA promotions in Qatar, 2012
Information about new promotions is communicated to licensees through regular updates and emails. For more information about AMAG's export promotions and how to participate, please contact us.