Go on, treat yourself! This caramel slice recipe from Australian Made's Marketing Manager is dead easy and absolutely delicious.
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1 tin Australian Made Nestle sweetened condensed milk (395g)
1 cup of Milk chocolate melts
- Mix the flour, coconut, 150g melted butter and sugar together. Press into a shallow, lined baking dish (approx 18cm x 28cm), and bake for 10 minutes at 180C.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, golden syrup and 30g butter in a saucepan and mix on medium heat until nearly boiling, then stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Pour evenly over base and return to 180C oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and pour over slice.
- Pop the slice in the fridge to set, then slice and enjoy!