The classic pavlova is a delicious treat. Quick and easy to make and a delight to eat, this pavlova is best served with Australian Made Fresh Berry Farm berries in sauce.
2 hours (plus cooling)
6 egg whites (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups caster sugar (can be raw or white)
6 teaspoons corn flour
1 teaspoon white vinegar
300 ml whipped cream
230g tub Fresh Berry Farm berries in sauce of your choosing (available from Woolworths Supermarkets in the Fresh Produce Section)
- Preheat oven to 100C; Using a pencil, draw a large love heart in the centre of some baking paper; Place baking paper onto a greased oven tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy (approx. 15 minutes).
- Add corn flour and vinegar and mix through until combined;
- Spoon mixture onto the prepared tray, spreading (in an upwards motion) to fill your heart shape;
- Bake for 2 hours, until crisp; At this point, turn off your oven, leaving the Pavlova in there with the door ajar until cool;
- Carefully transfer pavlova to a flat plate and top with cream and berries to serve.