A delicious, healthy salad. Both filling and light, it is perfect as a side with poultry, or on it's own as a clean-eating meal
- 1 cup of 'The Lentil Factory' green lentils
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- dried thyme
- ¾ cup of Crumbled feta
- 1 cup of diced pumpkin (peeled)
- ½ red capsicum, cut small
- 1 French shallot, sliced
- 10 Baby beetroot
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- Mesclun/baby spinach lettuce mix
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Spread baby beets and pumpkin on tray. Coat with oil and place in oven for 25 mins or until roasted.
- Rinse the lentils and then bring them to the boil with water and bay leaves.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Drain any excess water and remove bay leaves. Set aside
- Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and seasonings. Pour over warm lentils and mix through.
- Put shallots in a saucepan with a bit of water and thyme and steam with the lid on for a few minutes. Add capsicum and continue steaming for a few more minutes. Add tomatoes and continue steaming just until the tomatoes are warm.
- Season. Toss the steamed vegetables with the lettuce mix, feta and lentils.