Panna Cotta with Raspberries and Tucker's Natural Dessert Biscuits
The perfect after-dinner-party dessert can be prepared early, then plated up while the kettle's on. This one fits the bill! You can't go wrong with a tray of Tucker's Natural vanilla (or chocolate) dessert biscuits topped with panna cotta, raspberries and shards of dark chocolate.
20 minutes (4-6 hours before serving), then 5 minutes when ready to serve
1L cooking cream (single cream)
5 sheets gelatine
200g dark chocolate, shaved or chopped into thin slivers
100g caster sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 punnet of raspberries
1 box of Tucker's Natural vanilla (or chocolate) dessert biscuits, to serve
- Place the whole vanilla bean, sugar and cream in a saucepan and bring almost to the boil.
- Meanwhile, soak gelatine sheets in cool water.
- When the gelatine sheets are softened, squeeze out excess water and whisk them into the cream mixture. Simmer very gently for four minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine chinois or sieve and pour into serving dishes (ramekins, dariole moulds or Chinese tea cups will all work well) and refrigerate 4-6 hours, until set.
- Remove from the fridge a few minutes before serving - they need to be chilled but not too cold or you won't be able to taste the rich creamy flavour.
- Spoon onto Tucker's Natural vanilla (or chocolate) dessert biscuits and top each biscuit with a couple of rasberries and shards of chocolate.