An easy, fresh and tasty dessert that takes just 15 minutes to prepare? Yes please! These gorgeous strawberry and cream cheese tartlets are a fabulous way to finish a meal.
Pack of 12 pre-prepared mini tart shells
*or make your own large tart from scratch - instructions below [+45 minutes]
To make the filling
1/3 cup icing sugar
375g smooth ricotta
150g Meredith Dairy chevre goats milk cheese
To make the topping
2 cups of Australian Grown strawberries, sliced in halves
1/4 cup IXL strawberry jam, warmed
1 tbsp icing sugar, to dust
1 small bunch of Australian Grown mint, for sprigs
- Beat the ricotta, goats milk cheese and icing sugar until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the tart cases and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- Warm your jam, then mix it through your sliced strawberries until they are lightly glazed.
- Layer the strawberry slices, overlapping slightly, over the top of the tart.
- Transfer to a serving platter, dust with icing sugar and add a sprig of mint to each tartlet.
- Chill until ready to serve.
*To make your own large tart from scratch, follow the steps below first:
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Pour your flour, brown sugar and butter into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Pour your mixture onto the kitchen bench and knead to form ball. Wrap in cling wrap and allow to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Press your dough onto the bottom of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and set aside to cool completely.