It’s official...winter has arrived, so now is the perfect time to warm up and get some roast pork on your fork. Like a pie with sauce, this classic dish just isn’t the same without a sweet serving of apples. And, with apple cider and brandy in the mix, the outcome is simply delicious.
1kg of Coles Pork Leg Roast
1 tbsp Three Threes Condiments Country Style Apple Sauce
300ml Yarra Valley Cider's Jazz Apple Cider
4 whole Freshmax Australia Modi Variety apples
1-2 tbsp Bundaberg White Sugar
2 tbsp of Rooshine Essence Brandy
- To roast pork, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Placed the pork leg on a foil-lined Teppi Baking Tray and douse the meat with cider, brandy and apple sauce.
- Add the whole apples (unpeeled) on the tray, anywhere around the pork.
- Cover everything with another piece of foil and roast in the preheated oven. Halfway through cooking (for 1kg of pork, total cooking time is 1 hour), turn the leg over and pour some of the fat or juices from the tray over the pork, to keep it moist.
- Once cooked, use Annabel Trends Bushland Designed Oven Mits to carefully remove the tray from the oven – but keep the oven on.
- Remove pork rind and score the fat with a sharp knife. Once again, pour juices over and sprinkle the sugar over the fat.
Put back in the oven and roast for another 10 minutes, then remove from oven and serve with slices of the roasted apples. Enjoy!