One for the kids! These chocolate chip fun face muffins are just as fun to make as they are to eat. This recipe from Nestlé will keep the kids entertained for at least a portion of the afternoon!
1/4 cup (25g) baking cocoa
1 3/4 cups (260g) self raising flour
60g butter, roughly chopped
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
1 cup (190g) white chocolate chips
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (125mL) milk
1/2 cup (125mL) water
1 cup (160g) icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter, extra, melted
1 packet Allens Snakes Alive
1 packet Allens Freckles
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a 12 hole, 1/3 cup (80mL) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift baking cocoa and flour into a bowl; rub in butter. Add sugar, white chocolate chips, eggs, milk and water, mix well.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean; cool.
- Meanwhile, combine icing sugar, milk and extra butter in a medium bowl and beat until combined; spread evenly over muffins.
- Decorate to make faces using Allens Snakes Alive for a mouth and hair, and Allens Freckles for a nose and eyes. Finish decorating with your favourite lollies.