Looking for something tasty for dinner? Quick, easy and sure to please, this Alana's Pantry recipe for Spicy Aussie lamb, cheddar and relish pastry rolls could be just the trick!
500g lamb mince
100 g cheddar cheese, finely chopped
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Alana’s Pantry Spicy Aussie relish, plus a little extra for spreading and serving
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
2tsp dried oregano
2 sheets puff pastry
Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (fan forced) and grease an oven tray.
- In a large mixing bowl add the Alana’s Pantry Spicy Aussie relish, lamb mince, parsley, cheddar, lemon zest, bread crumbs, oregano and 1 egg.
- Using your hands squish and combine all the ingredients together. Split the mixture into 8 portions (just a little less than ½ a cup) and roll each portion into a sausage approximately 10cm long.
- To prepare the pastry, cut the pastry square into 4 smaller squares. Spread each slice with a little Alana’s Pantry Spicy Aussie Relish from one corner through the middle to the opposite corner. Lay one of the rolled lamb mince sausages on a diagonal. Using a little cold water on your finger tip, wet one of the corners of the pastry. Fold the wet corner over the top of the other corner and press together. Repeat with remaining lamb mince and pastry sheets.
- Whisk the remaining egg in a small bowl. Place the pastry rolls onto the prepared tray and using a pastry brush, brush the pastry rolls with a little egg wash and then bake in the oven for approx 20-25mins or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with Alana’s Pantry Spicy Aussie relish.