If your family loves chicken, then this stuffed chicken breast recipe from Sunbeam is a must-add to the rotation. Once you have this one down pat, you can try swapping out your fillings!
12 dried apricots, chopped
8 tbsp (100g) raw cashews, roughly chopped
3 tbsp (24 g) Sunbeam almond meal
4 large chicken breasts
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
5 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Take one of the chicken breasts, and, working from the thick end, cut a deep pocket towards the tip. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- In a pan sauté the onions and half of the cashews in 2 tbsp butter. When lightly coloured add parsley, apricots and almond meal, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fill the chicken, roll and close with toothpicks. Season well.
- Wipe out the pan, add oil and brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Transfer to an oven dish and add the remaining butter and cashews.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 190°C, until chicken is lightly browned, basting with the pan juices.
- Pull out the toothpicks, plate up and serve with vegetables or salad.