This Colonial Farm recipe for vegetable quinoa patties, green lentils and herbed yoghurt is delicious and nutritious, and will keep your family's taste buds happy, and tummies full.
25 or 40 minutes, depending on your preferred cooking method
- 2 packs of Colonial Farm's Vegetable Quinoa Patties (400g in total)
- 200g Puy green lentils
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 250g of Greek style yoghurt
- 50g of baby spinach
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 lemon- juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put your lentils in 1 litre of boiling water with bay leaves for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small fry pan and fry the diced onion for 6 minutes gently until golden and soft.
- Add the spices and garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- When the lentils are cooked, combine them with the onion, spices and garlic and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook your patties as per instructions on the pack (18 to 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C or pan fry over a medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes turning regularly)
- Once your lentil mixture has cooled, stir in yoghurt, spinach, herbs, lemon juice and remaining oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with patties.
This is a great base to add to just about anything such as roasted root vegetables, beetroot, parsnip, carrot, sweet potato, asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, and other herbs.