This is a quick and easy light lunch or dinner for any day of the week.
4 squid, cleaned and scored
3 golden shallots, thinly sliced
2 bunches rocket, washed
2 Primo chorizo or salami sausages, sliced diagonally
1 small ciabatta loaf
400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp paprika
Olive oil for cooking
Juice of two lemons
Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the squid, a good splash of olive oil, plenty of salt and pepper, the juice of 1 lemon and the paprika, and allow to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the bread and tear into roughly even bite-sized pieces. Drizzle with a little olive oil and salt and bake at 180° until crisp and golden.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a little oil and fry the sausage slices until a little bit crispy. Place in a large bowl, along with any oil left in the pan, and add the chickpeas.
- Heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Grill the squid 1-2 minutes each side until just cooked. Remove from heat and slice into strips. Add to the chorizo mixture.
- Add the rocket and sliced shallots.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice, sherry vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard with ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil. Pour over the salad mixture, add the warm bread pieces and toss lightly with your hands. Serve just warm.
*If you’d like to watch this recipe being made, click here.