Potato and Bacon Frittata
This frittata recipe from Australian Made's Sales Manager in Victoria tastes wonderful hot or cold, as a snack, starter or an easy main meal!
6 large Australian Grown potatoes, diced
5 large eggs
4 rashers of Australian Grown bacon, sliced
3 Australian Grown spring onions, sliced
1 large Australian Grown brown onion, diced
Eagle Vale Olives olive oil
- Boil the potatoes until JUST soft. Drain and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat till just combined and set aside.
- Add some olive oil into a large frypan or electric frypan and add the onions when oil is hot. Cook the onions on medium heat until they are transparent.
- Add the bacon and cook together on medium heat, turning only occasionally, as we want to add some colour and crispness to the bacon.
- Add potatoes and pepper and continue to cook, turning occassionaly.
- When the potatoes have gone a lovely golden colour and the bacon is crisping nicely, add the spring onions, just to heat through and wilt.
- Add the beaten eggs, ensuring that the egg mixture surrounds all the pan contents (tip the frypan and swirl).
- Turn the heat right down and cover the frypan. Check to see when the egg mixture has almost set.
- When almost set, pop the frypan, without cover, under the griller to brown the top of the frittata.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve as is, or turn out upside down onto a large platter, ready to serve.
*Image courtesy of amandascookin.com