It's BBQ season and we can't wait to try these tasty BBQ prawns! This recipe can be whatever you want it to be. To make it a main meal, increase the number of prawns and add a fresh salad on the side.
One hour including marinading time
16 large prawns, peeled to the tail
2 lemongrass stems, chopped (white part only)
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 long red chilli
2tbs of Eagle Vale olive oil
80 ml coconut cream
Pinch of sea salt
- Soak four bamboo skewers for 30 minutes to an hour in a bowl of water. This will save the skewers from burning when placed on the BBQ.
- Place the olive oil, lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli and a pinch of salt in a blender. Pulse until finely chopped and well combined.
- Toss the prawns in the marinade and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high.
- Thread four prawns on to each soaked skewer.
- Place the prawns onto the preheated BBQ and grill for 3 minutes then baste with the coconut cream. Turn the prawns over and cook for another minute on the other side and baste again.
- Serve the prawns to the table still on their skewers.