Introducing your youngster to solids? This recipe from Tassal Salmon is a great step towards healthy eating.
1 120 g salmon portion, skin off
2-3 desiree potatoes
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- Bring water to boil in pan, and then reduce to simmer. Carefully place salmon fillet in water, so that the water only just covers the salmon. Simmer, covered for 7-8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Flake salmon portion into very small pieces. Alternatively, blend salmon portion to create a mousse consistency.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes, then place into boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Drain potatoes, and mash until you reach the desired consistency.
- In a bowl, stir and combine cheese, salmon and milk. Add butter and salmon mixture to mashed potatoes, stir to combine.
- To Serve place desired amount of mashed Potato with salmon in a bowl.