A delicious spicy meatballs and pasta dish is the perfect filling meal on a winter's evening.
500 grams of Australian Grown Beef mince
500 grams of Australian Grown Pork mince
2 large Australian Grown brown onions finely chopped
8 medium Australian Grown sliced mushrooms
2 Fresha Eggs
350 grams breadcrumbs
2 x 800 gram tins SPC Ardmona crushed tomatoes
1.5 tablespoons of crushed garlic
1.5 teaspoons crushed mild chilli
1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
1 heaped teaspoon of mixed herbs
Enough spaghetti for 6 people
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons of Kraft grated parmesan
1/2 cup of fresh basil and parsley leaves
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Place in a bowl: mince, half of the chopped onions, 1 tablespoon garlic, paprika, 1 teaspoon chilli, mixed herbs, eggs, splash of olive oil, breadcrumbs and mix well with your hands.
- Roll mince mixture into golf ball sized peices and lightly cover in flour
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. In batches, cook meatballs for 4-5 minutes until well browned.
- Place meatballs on a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Fill saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add pasta to cook.
- In a pan, cook the rest of the onions, mushrooms, a little garlic and chilli and cook till brown. Then add the crushed tomatoes and reduce. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- When meatballs are cooked, remove from oven and place back in pan with the sauce and cook on a low heat till the pasta is cooked.
- Serve with fresh basil, parsley and parmesan over the top